Effective Date: July 1, 2006
Our Commitment to Online Privacy
Your right to privacy is important. We believe that personal information you choose to furnish online should only be used to help us provide you with the highest quality of products, services and support. We display this Privacy Statement to make you aware of the information practices for The Michigan Geocaching Organization web sites, including what type of information is gathered and tracked, how the information is used, and with whom the information is shared. We may update our Privacy Statement from time to time to stay current with changes in our business and to better serve you. We encourage you to visit this page frequently to inform yourself of any changes.
This Privacy Statement covers The Michigan Geocaching Organization line of web sites and online store, which include:
These web sites are operated by The Michigan Geocaching Organization from its facilities in the United States.
Consent to Use and Transfer Personal Data
Please note that if you submit personal data through our websites, you will send it to us in the United States. We will collect, process and transfer your personal data in accordance with this Data Privacy Statement but possibly not in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which your reside. By submitting your personal data through one of our web sites you consent to our collection, use, storage and transfer of your personal data to our company databases and other repositories, wherever located, for the purposes for which it is submitted and in accordance with the policies set forth in this Privacy Statement.
Types of Data Collected Online
You can browse most of our web sites without entering any personal information. Only general, non-personally identifiable information that we log from all site visits, such as Internet service provider, operating system/browser type, and pages accessed, will be collected in those instances. This means that a user's session will be tracked, but the user will not be individually identified.
There are times, however, when we or our business partners (such as our external service providers identified below) may need information from you.
For example, you may choose to give us personal information when you:
- Purchase products or services
- Register as a user of our web sites
- Make requests for materials, customer and other services, and product support, repairs and upgrades
- Subscribe to newsletters and online services
- Enter any contests, sweepstakes and other promotions offered via our websites
- Create a user profile to receive future information, special offers and communications.
At such times you may be asked to provide contact and billing information (e.g., your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card number and expiration date), as well as information about the product or service purchased (e.g., product I.D., serial number, customer number, product version). Demographic or other personal information may also be requested, however, volunteering such information is optional. By providing the information you consent to our transfer of this information to our company databases and other repositories, wherever located.
Use of Data
We use personal information collected on our web sites for the purpose it is requested or as necessary or permissible under applicable law (e.g., in some jurisdictions we may have to keep invoices under tax laws). We also may use the information you provide to notify you later about new developments with respect to the products and services you have purchased or to inform you about new products, special offers and services offered. It is important to note that you may opt out of receiving further information from us, as discussed in detail below. We use non-personal information to analyze sales trends.
With Whom We Share Information
In the ordinary course of business we will not sell, trade or rent your individual identifying information to others. We may share the personal data you provide online with our companies and as described below:
- Affiliated Companies and Business Partners. We work together with affiliated companies and business partners who are acting on our behalf for the uses described above.
- Authorized Dealers and Distributors. We may work with and through members of our distribution channel to provide customers and potential customers with product information and customer service.
- Agents. We use agents to act on our behalf. For example, agents may fulfill orders, provide support, or organize sweepstakes. Agents are only given access to the information necessary to perform their functions and we require that agents keep confidential any personal identifying information disclosed to them.
- Mergers and Reorganizations. In the event of a corporate reorganization, such as a merger, acquisition or sale or transfer of assets by us outside the normal course of business, customer information may be transferred to third parties.
Please note that our Web sites may contain links to other sites. When you access a web site not listed in this statement, even one that may contain content regarding our products and services, please understand that the Web site is independent of us, and that we have no control over operation of that Web site. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by our web sites listed above. A link to a Web site does not mean that we endorse such site.
We will not share personal identifying information provided to us online except as stated above without allowing you the opportunity of consenting to or opting out of such disclosures. When you place an order for our products, register as a user of our web site(s), services or promotions, or when you submit a user profile you are given the opportunity of notifying us as to whether you would like to receive future information, special offers and communications via email. All unsolicited email marketing and promotional communications contain an opportunity for you to decline future communications. Additionally, at any time you can opt-out of receiving such further information from us by visiting the Newsletter Unsubscribe listing or by emailing email@example.com. We will use its best efforts to comply promptly with all such requests.
How You Can Access Or Correct Your Information
You can access or ask for corrections of your personally identifiable information that we collect and maintain in retrievable form by following this procedure:
- Log into the website on which you wish to have the change made
- Click "My Account"
- Click "View or change my account information" to update phone number, name, email, etc
- Click "View or change entries in my address book" to update any mailing information
How to Contact Us
If you have requests or questions in connection with this Privacy Statement you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org